Sunday, September 9, 2018

A Birthday Shout Out to My Cousin, John


Happy birthday to my cousin, Dr. John Mulligan.  He came into my life two months and five days after I was born and we've been pretty much connected at the hip ever since.  I owe my good health to his wise food experiment he initiated when he was searching for ideas to help me with my sky rocketing blood pressure readings.  Although he specializes in putting patients to sleep during medical procedures, it's his talent for waking them up again that makes him so valuable as an anesthesiologist.  I'm happy for the wake up call he gave me.  It didn't happen in the hospital room.  It happened when he asked me to cut out foods with a label and stick with fruits, veggies, nuts, beans and seeds for 45 days. Water and wine were the only recommended fluids.  His experiment worked.

The best birthday present I can give my cousin is to share his experiment with others.  Friends and family are benefiting.  Happy birthday, cousin.  Enjoy your special day.  I promise to keep encouraging others to give your experiment a try.  Once enough volunteers agree to share their success with the experiment, I will publish something in your honor and pay you forward for all you've done to improve the quality of my life.  Thanks for being my inspiration for 58 years.  Happy birthday!  Have a great day.

No comments: