Tuesday, September 25, 2018

In it, not of it


There are many similarities around us today that St. Paul faced when he spread the Good News.  He encouraged followers of Jesus to be "in the world, not of it."  This is no easy task.  The world offers glitz, fame and fortune.  Jesus asks us to be living sacrifices.  He asks us to surrender.  He asks us to renew our minds.

One of my all-time favorite Bible verses is Revelations 21:5... "Behold, I make all things new."  And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."  These are living words, not of this world.  I feel like Jesus is looking me straight in the eye and asking me to share about all things new.  It's easier for me to do this when I think about what Jesus did for you and me by dying on the Cross.  He sacrificed everything because that's how much he loves us.  He wants us to renew our minds.  I know the secret to accomplishing this.  Ask Jesus to come into your heart.  He will take care of everything else, including renewing your mind.  When others see your transformation and ask what happened to you, tell them, "I'm in this world, not of it."  Have a great day.

No comments: