Friday, October 4, 2019

Small Wins Lead to Big Victories

I'm completing my third week away from home on my day job assignment this weekend and I'm starting to feel pretty good about my small wins in my debt reduction challenge.  My goal is to be financially independent by the end of the year in 2021.  The reality is that it's all about the small choices I make every day.

My hotel makes it really convenient to take care of my laundry while I'm away from home.  Convenience has a higher price.  I would rather go to a local grocery store and buy my own laundry soap than pay for those high priced detergents in the lobby.    Those savings are all applied to additional principal payments saving me years of mortgage payments when coupled with all my other small change choices.

Never overlook the little things you can do to achieve those big goals you have.  Get in the habit of winning in those small daily choices.  One day you will wake up and say, "I'm debt free."  Go for it.  Have a great day.

No comments: