Tuesday, October 15, 2019

A Birthday Surprise


It's official.  My mother is celebrating her birthday today.  She is 80 years young.  So, what do you give a mother of six who is a grandmother to countless granchildren?  My siblings had the best idea...time.  I thought their suggestion was impossible when several of them brought it up, but sometimes I forget about the one I follow, the one who turns water into wine, moves mountains, and walks on water.

Here's the scenario.  All five of my siblings and several nieces and a nephew are headed to Mexico for a grand birthday celebration this weekend.  And here's the icing on the cake.  Mom, if you're reading this, surprise... I'm celebrating with you.  I'll call you later to share the details.  By the way, this will be the first time in a long time that my siblings and me will all be together at the same time for a family photo with mom.  The last time this happened was when we were teenagers.

Yes, miracles do happen.  Happy birthday, mom.  I love you.  And a happy belated birthday to my cousin's wife and his youngest son who celebrated their birthdays yesterday.  Have a great day!

No comments: