Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Spiritual Contentment


If you've been following this blog for a while, you may be wondering, "where are these stories going?"  You may be searching for some kind of solutions.  There are days when I feel like I'm going in circles.  I meander.  My life is  like thousands of puzzle pieces scattered all over the place and I'm doing my best to make sense of the clues I find in the people I meet and the daily lessons I encounter.  My guess is the first followers of Jesus felt the same way.  They really didn't understand Jesus until he was gone.

The one I follow spent 40 days wandering around in the desert.  His people were lost in the desert for 40 years.  Getting lost is part of the journey.  The older I get, the more I realize the hidden treasures found in what Jesus teaches.  Today I'm going to dwell on one thing – contentment.  Contentment is the secret to a thankful life.  Have a great day.

No comments: