Thursday, August 24, 2017

Do You Grapple with Your Faith?


My wife knew I was having trouble coming up with today's blog message.  I told her I was grappling.  She urged me to bust through it.  I smiled and thanked her because she ignited the spark I needed to get going.  The challenge is painting a picture when you can't see your subject.  Or composing a song when you can't hear the notes in your mind.  That's what faith is – something intangible you can't experience with your senses but you know something is there.

I watched a YouTube video this morning about a professor demonstrating the conservation of mechanical energy, click here to view it, while I was getting my thoughts together and I saw a connection.  The professor knew he was completely safe even though he was less than one inch from a broken nose.  He 100% person trusted the laws of physics.  The same is true when one trusts 100% in Jesus.  Grappling with an invisible wrestler only produces confusion and anxiety.  Faith isn't a wrestling match – it's a dance that was choreographed long before you were born.  The Holy Spirit can teach you all the moves you need.  Trust me – your dance partner is always there, especially at your darkest moments.  Chaos ensues when you try to lead.  Follow Jesus.  No understanding of physics is needed.  Faith is your only prerequisite.  Have a great day.

No comments: