Friday, August 25, 2017

Beware of the Arrangers in Your Life


If you want to know what it's like to live with an "arranger," ask my wife.  They can be a planners worst nightmare.  This is how we are wired.  I'm always looking for a better way to do things.  Adapting is a way of life for people like us.  The best recent example I can give you is with my third book, now nearly four months overdue.  The pieces of the puzzle (known as chapters) weren't fitting together properly as I approached my deadline.  I kept tinkering but didn't like the product.  Editing is a fancy word for "arranging" and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get through the process. 

They say it's not over until the fat lady sings.  Too bad she read my manuscript the night before her performance.   She's following my suggestions and by the time the book comes out she'll be a size 0, just like Paige, the lab rat who will be sharing her story in chapter one of the book.  My challenge is to present the material in a way that will inspire others to give the caveman food experiment a try.  It's not easy but I promise to keep editing until I find the right combination.  Have a great day.

No comments: