Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Time for the Four Horsemen to Ride Again


It didn't take long for the first horseman to find us after the evacuation.  Pat knocked on our door the next morning and shared his plan to help the firefighters during the worst wildfire California had ever seen.  Mark, Tony and I were called into action.  We rallied store owners to open their doors and donate supplies.  During one of our runs, we met our friend, Jim, who wanted to know what we were doing on the barren streets of Ramona.  We became the four horseman plus one, loading supplies into two pickup trucks and using Pat's firefighter badge to bust through the front lines and feed our heroes.  I will never forget the look on Jim's face when the fire chief yelled "bug out" once the flames got too close in the Lake Cuyamaca area where the flames were three times higher than the tall pines.

No, it may not be the Apocalypse today, but one our horsemen is in need and it's time once again to rally.  Jim, this story is dedicated to you, your precious wife, your children and your grandchildren.  We are with you in spirit just as you were there for our community in its greatest time of need.  You may be struggling today but you are not alone.  Let me repeat, you are not alone, my friend.

For those of you who don't know the Tate family, Jim shared a post about the Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration and mentioned his precious bride has been diagnosed.  Vicky played a major role in my spiritual development and it was life-changing for me.  She laid hands on me at our church during a special invocation to the Holy Spirit.  She couldn't wait to talk to me about the experience because she later told me she felt heat coming from my head the moment she laid her hands over me.  Since that day I have never been the same.  We are spiritually connected.

Today I'm calling on the four horsemen to get back into action.  This is a rally call.  Hear our voices, Oh Lord.  Sound the trumpets.  Let all of our community hear the call and rise up in prayer.  God bless the Tate family.  Show your support.  Click on the link to AFD and give it a like.  Learn about the disease and what you can do to show this family you care.  We are with you, Jim and Vicky.  Have a great day.

No comments: