Saturday, June 27, 2020

Tennis on the Road

It finaly happened.  I got to play tennis.  Even though I'm separated from my teammates, I found a place to work out while on the road at my day job. I'm excited to say these North Dakota folks are rolling out the red carpet for me.  Not only did they set up the ball machine for me to use, they charged something like 8 bucks for the indoor court and the ball machine.  The head pro came over and introduced himself.  When he found out I needed a lot of help getting back in shape for our team's  state championship match next month, he invited to be a part of his clinic at no charge.  I got over 3 hours of hitting in this morning and I'm invited to play with his top players tomorrow.

Here's what my time away feels like.  I came to North Dakota on Monday about ten pounds over my ideal weight and with pale skin from a lack of sunshine. In six days I got my tan back, started losing the blubber around my waist and turned myself into  Tom Hanks Castaway look alike.  He needed four years to transform.  I needed six days.  I'm wondering if my family will recognize me.  We'll see.  All I can say is I'm feeling super strong.  Have a great day.

No comments: