Saturday, June 20, 2020

Your One Minute Miracle

Do You believe in miracles?  If so, how long do you believe it takes for a miracle to occur?  Do you believe you can witness a miracle in less than one minute?  I'm referring to the minute you're living right now.  Yes, this minute.  Before you answer, consider how quick a single thought enters your mind.  It's like a flash of light, isn't it?  What if this single flash of light carries with it everything necessary for the miracle.  In my opinion, this event needs an ingredient that cannot be measured by traditional standards.  This ingredient is faith.  Another name for faith is belief.  If you can find evidence of just one single one-minute miracle, then perhaps you can repeat the miracle in your life once you possess the ingredient.

The next time you open your Bible, take a look at all the miracles Jesus performed, and ask yourself how long you think each miracle took.  How long did it take for the blind to be able to see?  For the lame to walk?  For the woman to stop bleeding?  For Lazarus to awake from the dead and walk out of the tomb?

I would like to share my "one-minute miracle" with you.  The reality is I didn't even have a minute.  The miracle needed to happen in a split second.  My car slid off the road and was headed back into oncoming traffic.  I was 100% helpless, just like the lame man, the blind man, the woman who couldn't stop her bleeding, and Lazarus who was dead for multiple days.  The passenger side of the vehicle was aimed at the oncoming vehicle.  All I wanted in my miracle was for our daughter to be spared.  She was sitting in the passenger seat.  I cried out for help.  The car spun 90º before impact.  Even though I ended up with an injured spleen and seven broken ribs, our daughter was unscathed except for a cut on her lip from a shard of glass from the driver's side window that exploded on impact.  Even though I could barely breathe or speak upon arrival to the trauma center, the doctors released me within 24 hours of the accident.  Yes, I do believe in miracles and I do believe they can come to you in a minute or less if you ask properly.  If you need a miracle in your life, just ask.  And if you are having trouble in the faith department, just ask Jesus.  Have a great day.

No comments: