Saturday, June 6, 2020

Why I'm Thankful for the Times I've Fallen

For me, life is mostly about lessons.  We all have those coachable moments.  I'm thankful for the mentors in my life who helped shape me.  This is a lifelong process.  As I look back on nearly 60 years of life on this planet, I notice a pattern.  It's those most challenging moments in my life when I fell down that I learned some of my best lessons.  Without these falls, I wouldn't be the person I am today.  Falling down is painful.  It's embarrassing.  These are the times when those inner voices of doubt are the loudest.  Can you relate?  I'm sharing because I hope that you may understand you're not alone.  These days, it seems like the whole world is dealing with one giant knockdown.  Well, it doesn't have to be a knockout punch.

My hope for you today is that you are able to take whatever steps are necessary to reach your potential.  I pray that you get up when you fall.  And I wish you wisdom from the lessons that come with every fall.  May you use your wisdom to help make this world a better place.  Have a great day.

No comments: