Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Close Call in Our Hometown Yesterday


A tornado touched down in our community last night a couple miles from our home.  It narrowly missed the retirement center pictured above and the outlet mall filled with shoppers seeking shelter.  Now I understand why basements are so important in the Midwest.  Storms like these are common.  I'm thankful everyone in our community is safe.  More storms are expected today.  I'll be on the indoor courts tonight getting ready for our adventure in Oklahoma City next month.  The heat index is expected to reach 100º and the winds will be swirling.  Looks like Mother Nature is doing her best to toughen us up for our tournament.  Yes, the wind is my friend but I prefer not to get too close scenarios featuring tornadoes.  Have a great day.

No comments: