Sunday, July 23, 2017

God Speed


Godspeed, when used in a sentence, is an expression of goodwill for someone beginning a journey.  Today's message is about splitting Godspeed into two separate words:  God speed.  This alters the meaning.  I must admit to you I often rebelled against God speed in my younger days every time the speed limit dropped because I didn't really know it's the best way to make every endeavor in life turn out according to God's will.  You see, not only does God have a plan for your life, He's also designed a complex time line for your plan.  Often times, there are periods where nothing appears to be happening.  I have a lot of trouble with the 15 mph traffic zones but there are important lessons and sometimes God needs us to slow down.  Other times, everything appears to be moving at the speed of light.

Jesus tells us in Isaiah 55:8, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.  If you truly want to understand God's speed, read the Bible.  Take it slow.  There are hidden gems in every chapter but if you go too fast, you may miss these treasures buried between the lines.  Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal God's plans and God's timing for your life.  I wish you Godspeed today and God speed.  Have a great day.

No comments: