Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Missing Man Formation

Is there someone special in your life who is missing?  Today's post is dedicated to the lost, the fallen and the hurting.  My thoughts go out to Elliott Fox, our 85-year-old honorary tennis captain who will be unable to accompany us on our quest for the national championships in November.  He is fighting his own personal battle with cancer and other complications and we will miss him at the tournament.  The pain he feels of having to miss being with us outweighs the suffering he is undergoing due to complications with his illness.  He has lost the use of his right hand and strains to send email updates about his progress. 

If you are reading this and you feel you are the one missing in the picture above, my heart goes out to you.  I know this sensation very well.  It's not easy to be the outsider, the outcast who flees into the wilderness.  You want to belong to the team, but somehow, you got a raw deal and the world has left you outside of the formation.

Jesus will never turn His back on you.  He will leave the other ninety-nine to come looking for you.  He inspired me to write this message to you today to let you know how He loves you, perfectly.  Consider this blog your own personal love letter.  Place yourself in the formation, even if you choose to remain stealth to the world. Pick yourself up and soar high above the clouds where you belong.  I give two thumbs up to the Lord when I see my wing man next to me and I promise Him I will not rest until every lost soul takes their place in the formation.  Keep your eyes focused on the Leader of the squadron.  This is His team and you belong here, for eternity.

This is the day the LORD has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. ~ Psalm 118:24


No comments: