Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Little Faith

 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." ~ Matthew 17:20

How are you doing in the walking on water and moving mountains department?  The last time I checked, my mountains were still in my way and I was underwater enough times to consider a new career with the Navy Seals.  Every time I say, "get behind thee, Satan,"  He thinks we're playing leapfrog and He jumps over me.  I really despise His annoying games, especially when He passes gas while flying over me, leaving behind a smell of rotten eggs that makes my stomach turn.  He may think He's funny, however, every time He reminds me of my past, I remind Him of His future.  The One I follow will get the last laugh.

Searching for my little mustard seed is like following a trail of bread crumbs.  The problem is all the birds keep eating the bread crumbs and I'm not sure which way to go.  I wonder, did God send the birds on purpose?  While I grapple with these thoughts, I think of all the times Jesus told his followers, "your faith has healed you."

Faith is not something you can purchase at Amazon.com.  Faith is clearing a space for God inside your own heart, a place where you give God permission to plant an eternal seed.  As this seed matures, the mountains you will move are the hearts of those around you.  Ask Jesus for a little faith and He will give it you.  It comes in handy when there's no bread crumbs to follow.  Don't worry, Jesus can lead you on the right path.  He could do it blindfolded.  Trust Him. Follow Him.

No comments: