Sunday, April 28, 2024

3-2-1 Launch



Friends and family are gathering today at a private residence in my hometown to celebrate the release of my latest work, "Live Long and Prosper." Despite hearing news of tornadoes touching down nearby from out-of-state relatives, I want to assure everyone that our family is safe and doing well. The celebration party is still scheduled for 3pm today, rain or shine. For those unable to attend this afternoon, I'm offering a Reader's Digest summary.

My friend Denise prepared a 'Live Long and Prosper' sheet cake, which you can see in the photo. Additionally, my next-door neighbor Tanya, the owner of South Street Cookies, custom-made two dozen Star Trek-inspired cookies for my friends. The guest of honor at the party is my sister, Teresa, whose remarkable recovery from a life-threatening ordeal inspired my own journey towards better health. Her presence brings me immense joy.

If I had to choose one word to describe the overwhelming emotion in my heart today, it would be gratitude. Today is a day for people from all walks of life in my circle of friends to come together and celebrate the power of perseverance in the face of adversity. Have a great day.

No comments: