Saturday, April 27, 2024

One Day to Official Book Launch Party

 This is my first weekend off from my day job in a long while.  I'm thankful to be spending time with family and friends.  Even though I'm no longer addicted to sugar, I'm making an exception tomorrow regarding the sweets we are serving at the launch party.  My next door neighbor is preparing two dozen "Star Trek inspired" cookies and my friend, Denise, is putting the finishing touches on my "Live Long and Prosper" sheet cake.  

There is good reason to celebrate tomorrow.  Early book sales are better than predicted.  The launch party is intended to recognize friends and family who have encouraged me to never give up.  We have been dodging tornadoes the last couple of days.  I offer my prayers to those who are dealing with storm damage.  Yes, the winds are blowing here in the Midwest.  Perhaps Mother Nature can calm down tomorrow so my friends and family can celebrate.  Have a great day.

No comments: