Monday, April 22, 2024

Sleeping in the Blue Zone

 I made a last minute call to add a sleep section in "Live Long and Prosper" after overcoming my own self doubts.  Part of me felt like I didn't have enough data to offer anything of value.  The good news is I'm getting better at sleeping and the results are the best ever.  Last night was all "blue zone" meaning I hit the targets in every category.  

In the mental recovery category, I measured an all-time high of 92%.  This is because I recorded one hour and 44 minutes of REM sleep.  This is partly due to reaching five cycles of sleep during the night.  This is much needed because I'm going through another time in my life when I need all the help I can get.  When I'm in the "red zone" I know without having to see the feedback from my smart watch.  The red zone indicates when I blow it in a category.  While it may be true we don't control how long we are in the REM stage or in deep sleep, it is true we can set ourselves up for success by setting up good sleep habits.  

One thing I know for sure is I'm going to be one the first people standing in line to order a smart ring from Samsung when this product is released most likely in the summer.  Let me know how you're doing with your sleep.  Make sure you have a way to accurately measure the quality of your sleep if you're seeking a way to improve.  There is nothing better when it comes to human performance than sleeping consistently in the blue zone.  Have a great day.

No comments: