Monday, April 29, 2024

Now the Real Work Begins



I got word an hour before the book launch party yesterday that one of the pickleball leaders would like me to present at the Recreation Committee meeting our plan to build four outdoor pickleball courts at the rec center in Williamsburg.  The meeting takes place at City Hall at 5:30 pm on Wednesday, May 1.  I promised to be there and be ready.  I was also asked to please make a post on the newly established FaceBook page informing the public about the plans to transform our community. 

My wife and my sister are headed to indoor pickleball today.  They will be meeting some really amazing people who share a passion for the fastest growing sport in America.  It's no accident that our fledgling group reached 125 members yesterday days shy of our meeting. 

Thanks to all who came to my launch party yesterday.  It's really nice to see a community coming together.  My sister travelled all the way from Arizona to support my latest release.  It appears both of us have been granted bonus time in our lives.  Attached is a photo of the two of us taken on launch day.  The outfit was given to her at the end of her 18day ordeal in the hospital fighting for her life against all odds.  May she and all I'm connected to live long and prosper.  Have a great day.


No comments: