Sunday, January 14, 2018

What Moves You?


I'm fully 100% Iowan now.  That may seem strange to people who know me from my past life.  While it may be true I'm not a native to the state, I truly believe I belong here.  What happened?  It started on day 1 when we encountered our first road sign at the state border...

The road sign moved me.  And my new neighbors backed it up with the "Iowa wave," a two-finger lift off the steering wheel that lets strangers know they are welcome in these parts.  That Iowa wave is spreading across America and it's directed at the sick kids who are staying at the Children's Hospital next door to Kinnick stadium where our beloved Hawkeyes play.  If 70,000 football fans waving at sick kids during a football game doesn't move you, you're missing out on something really special.  Yes, there are fields of opportunities everywhere I look and I'm thankful to be here.  Have a great day.

No comments: