Saturday, January 2, 2021

Final Year of Regulation Play in Debt Reduction Game

 This is my final year of regulation play in my debt reduction game.  I call it a game because debt reduction is all about attitude.  Many don't try because they would rather ignore it or avoid it because it's too much like a chore.  Chores are necessary, like shoveling snow when you live in a climate like I do.  By the way, we had another storm on New Year's Eve and I did the same thing with the snow removal as I'm doing with debt removal – I'm playing games in the snow.  Snow shoveling is an opportunity to build my muscle tone.  It's also an opportunity to allow my body some time in the cold which is good for my overall health.  

Your attitude will determine how far you can go in the new year and beyond.  You can play games and have fun or you can complain about all your chores.  I'm playing "Par for the Course" for the third year in a row.  There won't be much snow in my driveway to remove when this year is over.  I've come a long way since the first year playing the game when all my attempts flayed month after month while attempting to get a grip on my debt.  The seven bogeys in a row were awful but I kept playing.  Year two was on par for eleven of twelve months.  This final year looks promising.  If I come up short, I will play some extra rounds to complete the job.  As Dave Ramsey says, "you have to live like no one else so you can live like no one else."  My idiosyncrasies probably place me in that category.  All I know is I'm going to keep living my life playing games.  Have a great day.

No comments: