Thursday, November 23, 2017

Where Will You Plant Your Mustard Seed?


Jesus says one mustard-size seed of faith is all you need to move mountains.  He didn't say how long it will take or which mountains will move.  The other day a stranger approached me at my day job and said, "you're a believer, aren't you?"

I answered, "100%."

I'm thankful others can see that teeny weeny seed inside me.  That seed was a gift from my parents and from those who came before me.  Some arrived here penniless but they had this hope for a better life.  I don't know what mountains in your life need moving.  Maybe you have this hurt inside you from a void and it won't go away.  Holidays can be painful reminders that a loved one is no longer present.  Perhaps a dream withered and died.  Maybe you have doubts about what your seed can turn into if you plant it.

My hope for you today is that you plant that seed.  Don't worry about anything in your life, no matter how tough your situation may be.  If all you have is that one seed, it's all you need.  The best place to plant is in the spot where you are right now.  Go ahead.  Plant.  Happy Thanksgiving.  Have a great day.

No comments: