Sunday, November 12, 2017

Daily Blog Streak Hits 3,000 Today


If I could use just one word to summarize what these last 3,000 days of blogging means to me, the word is grace – the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.  God's timing is perfect.  His love is perfect.  All of us, though broken and fallen, are a reflection of his image.  Every morning at 8:08 AM, Pacific Time, in my own brokenness and imperfections, I get out of bed and find a way to make my contribution for others so they may get a glimpse of what I see through the shards of glass in my mind's eye.  Though broken, I know with every cell in my body there's an awesome God who cares deeply about you and me.

St. John wrote, Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written – John 21-25 This is how I feel in my heart about God's grace.  I could write every day until I die about all the good Jesus does in my life and barely touch the tip of the iceberg of blessings.

I would like to thank you for stopping by to read my stories.  Special thanks to my cousin John who texted me on several occasions to remind me my blog wasn't showing up.  It's good to be able to rely on others when a "senior moment" hits.  The odometer hit 3,000 days today but this is only one more mile marker in my life's journey and today I'm renewing my promise to keep moving forward until my fingers can no longer be used to write about God's grace.  Have a great day.

No comments: