Got impediments? I'm referring to anything that gets in your way while you're in steadfast pursuit of your goals. Depending on your attitude, these impediments may be permanent roadblocks or just temporary obstacles. The strongest people I know are the ones who believe there's always a way over, under, around or through the stumbling block. My favorite approach is the chisel method. It's time consuming. The idea is to chip away at one bite-size piece of the obstacle at a time. This works in any area of your life where you encounter hindrances, like your health or your financial fitness. Here's how you can have success:
- Decide how much of the obstacle you can handle in one twenty-four hour period (or less if you don't have enough time in your day for chiseling).
- Chisel for the amount of time you designate and don't slack off. If all you have each day is ten minutes, so be it. Even ten minutes a day will give you one hour every six days.
- As your impediment shrinks, your will to win will get stronger. You will look for creative ways to add more time to the challenge in front of you.
- Congratulate yourself once the impediment is removed.
- Find the next impediment and make it your pet project until it's complete.