Tuesday, October 26, 2021

How I Found Equilibrium

Even a stranger can notice when you're outside a state of equilibrium.  It's one of those things you can't fake.  One important lesson I'm learning about equilibrium is that the further you are away from it, the harder it is to see for yourself.  You don't have to be a monk or live in a cave to find this state but you do have to me mindful about how you're living your life to obtain it.

Imagine you're holding on to a rock.  This rock represents what you want in life.  It may be a relationship, a certain job, or financial status.  Along comes all the forces of nature to take your rock away from you.  There may even be people in your life who want to steal your rock.  You do everything in your power to hold on.  Your grip on this rock makes you miserable because you forget about everything else while you focus on holding on.  I'm sorry to say this but the reality is that the more you hold on, the stronger the opposing forces become.  You may never find equilibrium.  To do this, you must do the opposite of what you're currently doing.  Yes, the opposite.  You must let go.  Say good-bye to the rock.  Return to simplicity.  

Your own ego is perhaps the heaviest rock you can ever grasp.  You must walk away from your own ego if you really want to get serious about equilibrium.  Your ego wants to tell you how much the world owes you.  The world doesn't owe you anything.  Here's something else to consider in your pursuit of equilibrium.  You must become blind to what the rest of the world is doing.  Stop judging everyone else.  Seek quiet places to contemplate what your life can look like is you decide to keep it simple.

Now that my scales are finally balanced, I'm working on one more idea.  The idea is to notice when the world creeps up with it's own ideas to steal my balance.  I'm learning to say no to anything that may upset my newfound equilibrium.  I'm learning not to be so obsessed with deadlines that it causes my scales to tip in the wrong direction.    Have a great day.

No comments: