Friday, October 20, 2023

Tennis Team Dodges Bullet in Loss

 Temps today in Phoenix peak at 101° this afternoon as the USTA nationals commences in the city of Surprise located nearby.  This would have been a tremendous challenge for my teammates and me had we won our Midwest sectionals tournament in June.  Looks like we dodged a bullet.  Cooler weather begins once the tournament concludes on Sunday.  We may be sidelined but I believe there is hope for us to one day compete with the big dogs.

I have nothing to complain about while I'm in Arizona.  The family is headed up to the northern part of the state where temps are about 15 degrees cooler.  I stuffed a couple of pickleball paddles in my suitcase for some outdoor family activity.  Good luck to all the teams competing in Surprise.  Have a great day.

No comments: