Friday, December 2, 2022

It's Time to Pass the Baton

 If you could leave one final message on your gravestone to summarize your life, what would be inscribed?  Think hard about this.  This is the way you want to be remembered.  No mulligans (do-overs).  These words are your last words.  



One of the new hires on our Ankeny team in Iowa is an amazing athlete.  He told me yesterday he signed up for cross country as a way to cross train for his main interest, track.  He especially loved the 440 relay because it involves teamwork.  Passing the baton requires hard work, practice, and relying on others to win the race.  That is exactly what's going on in our newest location.  

Sunday is my last day with our new team.  I'm passing the baton.  It's time to get out of the way.  It's their race now.  The training wheels are off.  One thing is for sure, I will never forget these people.  I would also like to thank my support teammates for coming together at a critical time to help with our own version of the 440 relay.  Safe travels home.  And to my wife, I can't wait to see you on Sunday.  Have a great day.



No comments: