Saturday, December 24, 2022

Early In Early Out

 If you are in the service business or you happen to be working in retail, you know exactly what I'm feeling as I write today's story.  I could go on and on but I won't.  There isn't enough time to share this morning.  Why?  Because we are opening early to prepare for the final wave of last minute shoppers.  We don't really know what to expect.  The people who keep our roads free of snow and ice were sent home early yesterday and the roads are now more dangerous than ever.  Who in their right mind would venture out on Christmas Eve morning?  You guessed right... The service workers and the retail peeps.  

I'm certainly not complaining.  I learned a long time ago the value of having a rewarding job that provides for the family.  I'm one of the fortunate ones.  I love what I do and I love serving others.  That includes crazy weather, good weather and everything in between.  There are days when Jesus looks at the gloomy weather report and asks, "Who shall I send?"  Yep.  I'm the crazy one with my hand up.  I'm inspired by the earliest followers who argued about who was top dog.  Jesus cautioned them that the greatest is the one who is willing to serve.  The drive in to my day job will be treacherous.  I may feel like I'm alone at times driving in the darkness but I know who is with me and that person is celebrating his birthday tomorrow.  He is with me at all times, even on the early in days like this morning.  The busiest time of the year is about to slow down.  Tonight will be a silent night.  Silent Night was being sung by the high school choir when our daughter disembarked from her plane on Tuesday and I held out my arms to give her a bear hug.  Silent night is what precedes the biggest moment in our history.  Merry Christmas.  Have a great day.

No comments: