Monday, March 1, 2021

The 10 Month Countdown to Financial Freedom

 The dream is becoming a reality.  All those bogeys no longer matter.  The past is the past.  All that matters now is the daily effort to reach a goal that has eluded me for decades.  The next ten months will require a focus on the details.  I understand the rules of the game.  Any goal may seem larger than life until you pay attention to little things, like daily sacrifices.  Deferred gratification doesn't have to be about feeling deprived when you consider the amazing rewards that come with accomplishing your goals.

Dave Ramsey says it feels better when you walk on the grass in your backyard and you own the grass.  I look forward to discovering for myself how it feels to own the grass.  The other major goals are becoming more important to me now that I'm in the final stages of "Par for the Course."  I'm realizing how important physical fitness and eating properly will aid me when I'm ready to enter the next stage of my life.  

If you're having trouble achieving your goals, ask yourself why these goals are important to you.  Focus on the why daily to help you stay motivated.  Whatever you do, please don't give up.  I'm really happy I stayed in the game.  I will tell you how it feels to walk on the grass that you own in ten months.  Have a great day.

No comments: