Thursday, October 31, 2019

Washington Nationals are World Series Champions


Photo credit: the Christian Broadcasting Network

Several records were broken when the Washington Nationals won their first  World Series Championship last night in a thriller.  Never before had the visiting team won all seven games of the series.  Never before had the Washington Nationals won the World Series.  And never before had a team been such underdogs early in the season and faced so many elimination games on their way to victory in game 7 of the World Series.

The team was on the rebound after starting off the season at 19 wins and 34 losses when my wife and I met Jackie Barrett at the Mustard Seed in the Atlanta airport.  That's the day we both started praying for her son, Aaron, a relief pitcher for the Nationals who was told by his doctors he would never pitch again due to extensive injuries that were so bad his team forbid any videos to be shown of the incident on the mound.  I asked Jackie if she wouldn't mind joining my private caveman miracle network where prayer warriors team up to seek Divine assistance.  Jackie asked that our group pray for Aaron to get called up to the majors in time for a late season run when the team roster would be expanded.  That's when the magic happened.  My wife danced for joy when she heard the news.

The last record to fall was my no TV hotel experiment which was intact for my last three day job assignments spanning approximately five months.  Yes, I savored game seven while on the road and it was a moment I will cherish forever.  Congratulations to the Washington Nationals.  I hope to capture a photo moment with Aaron and Wilson and include Aaron's faith journey in my next book.  It all started with faith the size of a mustard seed.  We are blessed to be a part of the journey.  I would like to thank all the prayer warriors who continue to pray for others in our network.  Have a great day.

No comments: