Sunday, December 31, 2017

Are You Facing Giants Next Year?

There are times in my life when the distance reached at the end of the year feels like just one measly yard.  It seems trivial.  It's a slow crawl to the end zone.  Some years there are fumbles and other miscues and I end up with negative yardage.  There's a huddle with the family around midnight to come up with a fresh set of plays for the New Year. 

I'm planning to share the video below with my loved ones to encourage them (and myself) to go the distance no matter how difficult the journey may be.  Is it another one of those "Godincidences" that the player in the video is wearing #54 on his jersey?  That's the same number my boys wore when they played high school football.  Or that the guy on his back is my exact weight?  I feel like God was calling me out on this video and he was urging me to be a better husband and dad.  No need to look at history.  I know all about my mistakes.  I'm going to listen to my coach, Jesus, and I'm going to go the distance in 2018, even though I sometimes feel like a blind man.  That's okay.  It's worth checking out the video below.  You can use it in your family huddle tonight.  Have a great day.


No comments: