Monday, March 20, 2023

Train Like a Caveman

 There were two things our caveman ancestors needed for survival.  They needed the ability to outrun predators.  They also needed enough speed to chase down their next meal.  It all comes down to the sprint.  When it comes to modern day exercising, think like a caveman and train like a caveman.  Choose short sprints as opposed to marathon-type long distance running.  The real value is in those quick bursts.  Long hours in the gym aren't necessary and may even be counter-productive.  

I'm fortunate to play competitive tennis at an advanced age.  My opponents love to drop shot me when I'm hanging around the baseline.  When I hug the net, they lob over my head.  I may not be the fastest player on the court but I do get my share of opportunities to sprint like my caveman ancestors.  If you happen to be a marathoner, consider the health benefits of the sprint and see what happens to your body.  Have a great day.

No comments: