Friday, March 10, 2023

Night Watch

 Our house of worship is hosting a 40 hour mission this weekend.  My pastor asked me to cover the night shift which begins at midnight.   The theme is "Divine Mercy."  The challenge for me will be staying awake. I'm working at my day job today and tomorrow so sleep time will be highly limited.  I do have one secret weapon to keep me awake.  All I need to do is think about the people in my circle of friends who could use some prayers for all they are going through.  If this includes you, don't worry.  You're covered.  Your special intentions are also covered.  Besides friends and family, I will be praying for our world.  It's in a dark place.  God has been kicked out.  Church attendance is dropping.  The Dark Side has a tight grip on our society.  The solution is outside of this world.  I will be asking Jesus to comfort those who are suffering.  

If you happen to be friends with my mother on FaceBook, you are probably being flooded with pictures from her month-long visit which began on Wednesday a couple of days ago.  It snowed throughout the day yesterday and she loved it.  Divine Mercy is right up her alley.  I have a feeling she may visit during our 40 hour mission.  I won't expect her to be with me during my night watch.  There are more favorable time slots that are senior citizen friendly for her.  Please keep our family in your prayers during this 40 hour mission which begins at noon today.  Have a great day.

No comments: