Friday, March 17, 2023

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Happy 30th birthday to our daughter.  Happy birthday to my cousin, Patty.  Happy anniversary to my Zoom partners.  Happy St. Patrick's Day.  This is also the anniversary of my first book, a memoir about my dad's last days on earth.  His name?  Patrick.  Yes, this is a big day in the Mulligan household.  It's also our one year anniversary since we became debt free.  

There is a light layer of snow on the ground today.  The skies are clear.  The winds are howling.  This is not a typical day to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  We never really know what to expect from Mother Nature.  The weather may be cold but our hearts are warm today as we reflect on our blessings.  My dad is in Heaven, reunited with his brother, Tom, for the first time since dad was called up twenty-one years ago.  That's where the real party is.  That's where we will all be one day.  Until that day, we will do our best to do the work we are asked to do on this planet.  For me, this day is a wee bit of a slice of Heaven on earth.  Happy St. Patrick's Day! Have a great day.

No comments: