Friday, October 9, 2026

The Mission Clock and the Gift of Time

 Stardate 10.09.2026

Every morning during my meditation, I ponder three wishes.

Health.

Longevity.

Financial peace.

These three blessings provide the framework I'm building on as I prepare for the next chapter of my life. I bring them into my morning prayers and ask Jesus to help me become a good steward of what He has given me.

Each one has a place in the life I'm working to build.

I want to take care of my health so I can remain active and enjoy the experiences ahead. I want longevity because I look forward to sharing more years with my wife. Financial peace matters because I want to approach our future with confidence and the freedom to make thoughtful choices together.

This brings me to the mission clock.

I've set Stardate 07.05.2030 as the milestone marking the beginning of my next mission. I'll be turning seventy that year, and I look forward to closing one chapter of my working life and opening another.

The thought of having more time with my wife fills me with gratitude.

I imagine visiting places we've never seen, trying new experiences, and spending time with friends who have become part of our lives. I think about the freedom to decide what we'd like to do on an ordinary Tuesday and having the time to do it.

Those possibilities give the mission clock its meaning.

My preparation has already become part of my daily life. I continue working on my health. I pay attention to our financial future. I explore new ways to tell stories, share my faith, and support causes that matter to me. Each day offers another opportunity to learn something useful.

I returned from Scotland and London with new experiences and new friendships. I'm learning to create YouTube videos and discovering ways to introduce my writing to new readers. At this stage of life, I still have plenty to learn, and I enjoy the process.

I have a long-standing practice of trying to become one percent better, one day at a time. That approach serves me well as I prepare for 2030.

My morning meditation brings me back to the three blessings. Health. Longevity. Financial peace. I hold them with gratitude and ask Jesus to guide my choices.

Scripture offers a beautiful reminder in Psalm 118:24:

“This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.” — Psalm 118:24, NLT

I love the reminder in these words. Every morning brings another day to appreciate the blessings Jesus has placed in my life. I can prepare for the future while finding reasons to be grateful for the present.

My wife and I have plans for the years ahead. Today, we have another opportunity to enjoy the life we've been given and take another step toward the experiences we hope to share.

Join me here:

https://substack.com/@michaelmulliganlivelong

Captain's Addendum

Bones: “Michael, you've got a clock counting down to 2030 and three wishes to keep you busy every morning. When do you plan to relax?”

Spock: “Doctor, I believe the Captain has already identified his objective. He wishes to maximize the time available for shared experiences with his wife.”

Bones: “Well, that's one mission even I can understand.”

I have spent years working toward goals and preparing for what comes next. Today, I'm grateful for the opportunity to keep preparing while enjoying the life Jesus has given me. The mission clock gives me a date to anticipate, and each morning gives me another chance to make the most of the time I have.

No comments: