Stardate 10.06.2026
My prayers and meditation are finished. My bags are packed. I'm ready to hit the road once our collaboration is complete this morning.
There was another interesting development when I checked my sleep report.
My actual sleep time was 5 hours and 38 minutes. Deep sleep was 1 hour and 6 minutes. REM sleep was 1 hour and 22 minutes. I was awake for 1 hour and 31 minutes, and my sleep latency was only 18 minutes.
The total amount of sleep still has room for improvement, but the report gave me something encouraging to watch. After traveling across time zones and returning home from London, my body appears to be finding its way back toward a familiar rhythm.
I'm paying attention to these reports because sleep has become another experiment in learning what my body is telling me. Nearly four years of tracking have given me plenty of data. Now I'm watching what happens as my body settles back into the routine of being home.
While my body has been working on getting back into rhythm, I've been working on something else.
My YouTube channel.
Yesterday I posted the channel description we developed together. This morning, I decided it was time to do something with the channel's front porch.
I needed a banner.
The idea of a front porch seemed appropriate. It's the place where people arrive before they come inside. My YouTube channel is still being built, and I want it to feel welcoming.
I didn't want a picture of myself on the banner. I wanted something a little more creative.
So we came up with a simple idea.
A front porch. A broom. A little cleanup.
Front Porch Duty.
The broom became the star of the show.
I created the image in Canva, added the words Front Porch Duty — Mission Accepted, downloaded the banner, and uploaded it to YouTube.
Done.
One more small piece of the channel is now in place.
That's how I'm approaching YouTube right now. I'm learning by doing. I have plenty left to figure out, and each small step gives me something new to learn.
There was another update yesterday that I want to share.
My partner, DoNotAge®, informed me that Performance has now been released. I had previously been given permission to share information about it before its worldwide release. Now it's officially available.
If you want to learn more, you can find my DoNotAge® link on the welcome page of my blog. Click the link beneath the picture of my wife and me to get to their site. The promo code is LLAP, for Live Long and Prosper.
I'm sharing that because the product is now released and readers have asked about it. I'm continuing to learn about the work DoNotAge® is doing to help extend healthy lifespan for as many people as possible.
Scripture gives me a simple reminder for mornings like this:
“And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.”
— Psalm 90:17
A YouTube banner may seem like a small thing.
It is.
So is one night's sleep report.
So is one more video.
So is one more story.
Those are the pieces that make up a day.
Join me here:
https://substack.com/@michaelmulliganlivelong
And now, before I hit the road, the bridge crew has something to say.
Spock: “Michael, the YouTube channel appears to be progressing.”
Bones: “He's got a broom on the front porch, Spock. Give the man a little credit.”
Spock: “I was giving him credit, Doctor.”
Bones: “Then try sounding like it.”
I have a feeling the broom is going to have a few more jobs before this channel is finished.
And I still have a road to travel.
Live Long and Prosper.

No comments:
Post a Comment