Wednesday, August 27, 2014

You Can Find Peace Anywhere


I shot this photo yesterday beside the Cedar River on my lunch break in Cedar Rapids.  The town is in the process of rebuilding after massive floods over a year ago.  Streets are torn apart, buildings condemned and families dislocated.  One of my assignments at my day job is to introduce people to our company and there's no better way to do that than some face-to-face contact.  This quiet spot was an amazing find in the middle of a city filled will so much loud noise from all the construction going on.

I took off my shoes, ate my favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and basked in the sunshine while enjoying a cool 70º breeze.  My time in Cedar Rapids these last two days reminded me about my own life.  I know what it's like to experience disaster.  Sometimes, it may appear that peace is impossible.  I disagree.  Real peace is what you experience when slow down and smell the roses.  It's what you feel on the inside when you allow your mind to be quiet, even if it may only be in thirty minute increments.

Have a great day.  Peace be with your spirit.  Don't allow any disasters to get in your way.  Sometimes, Mother Nature is just trying to get your attention.  Give her time.  Eventually, she will show you her good side.  For me, it's in the middle of the corn fields in a small town off the beaten path.  Yes, you can find peace anywhere.

No comments: