Friday, August 8, 2014

Why I Publish at 8:08


Many readers who find me here ask the same question, "What's the meaning of 808?"  They tell me over and over, "I keep seeing it everywhere."  Could it be the work of the Holy Spirit?  Maybe 808 images are being sent subliminally to attract readers?  Or perhaps there are now so many bottled up messages bobbing up and down in the cyber-sea that my 8:08 time slot is gaining popularity?  I don't know.  But something really special is happening today.  This blog will reach half a million page views on 8/08.  I'm going to add this event in my "God-incidence" category – coincidences I cannot explain and have no control over.  Yep.  It's definitely a mountain-top event.  It has some kind of eerie connection to the mountain featured in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.  People were drawn to it but didn't know why.  Aliens were summoning them.  Here it is:

Are aliens going to appear today at 8:08 AM on 8/08?  I don't think so.  But I'm happy to be sharing all my mountain-top experiences with you.  My specific reason for 8:08 is not as exciting as aliens from space.  I just got the urge to put 808 in my name when I started blogging five years ago.  I considered the 8:08 time slot to be unique.  Why publish on the hour like the rest of the world when I can be distinct and dominate my own special band width?  Besides, I'm drawn to a special area code on a remote island where I asked my wife to marry me.  You guessed it.  808 is the area code for Hawaii.  Is it another God-incidence that the 808 area code is seeing its first hurricane in twenty-two years today on 8/08?  Please join me in prayer for all the people who are in danger as they face two hurricanes in a row.  And thanks for tuning in every morning at 8:08 AM, Pacific Time.  I'll leave you with one more bit of trivia about 808 – it's the police code for disturbing the peace.  Don't ask how I know this.

2 comments:

Marcie Rupcich said...

Hope you reach your 500,000 goal today. Congratulations! BTW today is your Uncle Bill's birthday...I always thought he was a little "out there". Now I know why! LOL

Michael Mulligan said...

Thanks, Aunt Marcie. I sent uncle Bill a birthday message this morning. Btw, your family pics are awesome. Your whole family is photogenic. Love to all pig you.