Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Is Your Life an Adventure?

 I said farewell to a teammate at my day job on Monday.  We connected instantly when we discovered our shared past of coming from California.  The transition is something most people would never understand unless they experienced it in their own lives.  My friend had no clue I'm a writer until we talked last week while on a break.  She seemed stunned when I told her I penned a novel based on my own adventures.  She went home and ordered a copy of "The Caveman in the Mirror" and told me she couldn't wait to read it upon her return to California.

My wife understands better than anyone on the planet how much I love immersing myself in my writing.  Each project has its own flavor.  Unlike most writers who specialize in one genre, I seem to enjoy wandering around in unmarked trails off the beaten path.  I'm fine entering the forest without knowledge of where the hike ends or how long it will take to arrive at my destination.  This is what adventures are – experiences.  

If your life seems stale and boring, consider turning it into an adventure.  Go somewhere you've never been before.  Meet new people.  Try a new experience.  And if your name happens to be Antonia, I just want to say thank you for sharing your dreams with me about your future.  I hope you like my book.  And, thank you  for sharing a copy of your dad's book with me.  I can't wait to read it.  Have a great day.


No comments: