Saturday, April 22, 2023

What Would Happen if You Traded Places with a Caveman?

 I normally don't share my stories with anyone until they're published.  Today is different.  My wife told me her body would go into some kind of shock if she didn't have access to her daily dose of sugar.  Aside from all the other challenges that both you and your caveman would go through by trading places, let's focus only on food and how that would change your health as well as your appearance.

Think about Tom Hanks in the movie, CASTAWAY.  Remember what he looked like on day one?  Fat, sick, super stressed, right?  And later in the movie when he went through his caveman transformation.  Maybe that's the same way it would be with trading places.  We would look like the before shot in all those diet commercials while the caveman would look more like Tom Hanks four years after his time on the island.

Consider what would happen to the caveman if he lived among us in our modern world.   My bet is that the waistline would grow and this caveman would eventually get sick from all the sugar he would devour night and day.  This caveman would need medical attention and he would soon be consuming all kinds of pills for high cholesterol, high blood pressure and heart related diseases.  

How about you in the caveman world?  Assuming you survived the sugar withdrawal period, I have a feeling you would begin to look like Tom Hanks in CASTAWAY.  Sure, it's no fun having to hunt and gather your food when it doesn't come from the grocery store around the corner.  Maybe, just maybe, you are liking the slender body you acquired and you discovered you no longer need all those pills you were taking relating to the Standard American Diet (SAD).

This story doesn't need to be hypothetical.  You can change your ways now before it's too late and you die prematurely.  You can be the caveman.  Start small so you don't get overwhelmed and quit.  I began my caveman lifestyle by cutting out snacks.  I reduced my meals from three a day to two.  I also said goodbye to sugar and foods high in carbs that are stored in the belly just like sugar.  I became a caveman when it comes to eating.  Think about your health and what you can do to improve it.  It may be as simple as living like a caveman.  Have a great day.

No comments: