Friday, May 27, 2022

Gratitude is the Best Therapy

Do you ever have days when you feel down?  It's so easy in these times do feel this way.  For me, the key is to get past these feelings and find a way to get to a better state of mind.  In my opinion, there is no better way than to practice gratitude.  The more grateful I feel in my heart the better I feel all around.  The truth is that no matter how beat up I feel there is always at least one thing I can find that I can be grateful for.

What is one thing in your life you are thankful for.  It doesn't have to be a thing.  It can be a person.  It can be a situation you find yourself in where someone else needs you.  Do you remember a situation in your life when someone gave you a warm smile?  Or a pat on the back?  Can you remember a time when you made someone's life better by the kind words of encouragement you offered?  Today is a great day to be thankful.  Your therapist may agree even though this advice I'm offering today may cut into his or her business.  Have a great day. 

No comments: