Monday, June 27, 2011

What's Holding You Back?

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” ~ Matthew 19:14

My featured story the other day about six-year-old blog writer, Jacob, made me think about all the adults I know who refuse to tap into their gifts.  I told Jacob's dad I wanted the world to know there is a young man out there who is already using his unique gifts of writing and promoting to touch others.

His dad told me Jacob asked him how you get money to buy buildings. 

"You go to the bank," his dad replied.

"Dad, can you take me?  I need money for a building."

"Why do you want a building?"

"I need a place for people to go to play games, the people that follow my blog."

Jesus recognizes young children don't see walls.  They have visions and dreams.  The kingdom of heaven does belong to them.  It's when they grow up and start listening to the dream killers that obstacles form. 

A teacher says, "you can't do that." 

A parent says, "there is no way a bank will let you have money for your dream, your only six years old."

The dream dies and the passion disappears.

Is that what's holding you back?  Did you stop looking at the world from a child's point of view? It's not too late to inherit the kingdom of heaven, to dream again.  Invite Jesus into your heart and re-ignite the passion you once had.

No comments: