Monday, September 28, 2026

Caution: 9 out of 10 Supplements Sold Online Aren't Real

Stardate 09.28.2026


I'm waking up this morning six time zones away from the comfort zone I left behind in Iowa.

I'm in London for the first time, and I've been lost at least once every day.

I'm doing all of this for one reason. To become a better version of myself, one percent better every day.

For the past two days, I sat in the same room with people who have devoted their lives to understanding longevity. I took notes, met experts, asked questions, and listened to people who traveled from around the world because they care about learning more about health and aging.

My partner, DoNotAge, brought me here.

These two days gave me a lot to think about.

I learned about research taking place around the world. I heard scientists explain what they are studying and why certain ingredients have attracted their attention. I met people who are willing to share what they are learning so others can benefit.

At age 66, I need all the help I can get.

Especially when I'm thousands of miles from home and finding my way through an unfamiliar city.

The conference ended with a surprise.

DoNotAge gave the partners sitting in the room permission to share news about a product before its worldwide launch next week.

I was given a 28-day supply to take home.

The product is called Performance.

One of the things I learned during the conference caught my attention.

We were shown findings from an independent report about supplements sold online. The finding presented to us was striking: nine out of ten supplements tested did not contain what their labels claimed.

I don't have the name of the report in front of me yet, so I'm going to track down the source before I say more about the study itself.

The question stayed with me.

Where does the ingredient come from?

How is it tested?

Does the amount in the product match the label?

What human research supports its use?

I have friends who have told me they gave up on supplements because they didn't believe they were doing anything.

I've become more interested in the research behind these products and in the companies that provide ingredients to researchers conducting clinical studies.

That's one reason I came to this conference.

Performance is designed to be added to the DoNotAge routine I'm already following.

The product contains three natural ingredients:

7 grams of creatine for strength and physical performance.

4 grams of Nitralis™ for blood flow.

2 grams of NAC to support the body's natural antioxidant systems.

DoNotAge also told us that Performance received Informed Sport certification ahead of its launch. That certification provides testing intended to identify substances prohibited in sport.

A six-month human trial is already underway with Performance.

Researchers are also studying cognitive outcomes and other measures, including telomere length, which is one of the markers researchers use when studying cellular aging.

The research is still underway.

That's important to me.

I'm bringing home 28 days of a new product after spending two days listening to experts talk about longevity science.

Now I get to follow along.

I'll be watching what the researchers learn, paying attention to how I respond, and sharing the lessons along the way.

A disclosure for my readers: DoNotAge provides me with a stipend when readers use my partner link to explore or purchase its products. I share that information because I want you to know how this relationship works. My experiences and observations are my own.

DoNotAge recommends checking with your doctor before adding a new supplement to your routine. I agree. Everyone's circumstances are different.

For now, Performance is available to the people who attended the conference before its worldwide launch next week.

Click here to explore.

If you're new to DoNotAge, come back here. I'll be sharing more of the lessons I brought home from these experts.

"So the Captain has returned from the conference with another experiment," Bones said.

"An accurate observation, Doctor," Spock replied. "He appears particularly interested in the evidence."

"Good. Maybe he'll remember to read the directions before he starts another one."

Spock has a point.

I'm learning to slow down enough to understand what I'm putting into my body.

That may be one of the best things I brought home from London.

Psalm 90:17: "May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us—yes, establish the work of our hands."

Join me here:

https://substack.com/@michaelmulliganlivelong

May you live long and prosper.

No comments: