Sunday, November 5, 2023

What Your Promises Say

 Think of a time in your life when you made an important promise.  How are you doing with that promise?  Maybe you're a type A and you made a bucket full of promises.  Whether it's a single promise or multiple promises,  what you do next is revealing about who you are.

Do other people seek you out because they believe you are a promise keeper?  If not, perhaps you can do some things to improve your results.  Highest priority should be given to any promises you make to God followed by promises made to your family.

The Creator offers 10 Commandments.  If you promise God you will follow these 10 Commandments, you are on your way to an amazing life.  When I say amazing, that doesn't automatically mean everything will be easy.  I mean to say you will be fulfilled.  The same is true when you make a promise to your spouse to stay together until death.  

This blog message you are reading is a result of a promise I made to God over 13 years ago that I will publish all the good he is doing in me and do this daily no matter what my circumstances may be.  My 34 years of marriage are the result of the two of us living out that promise from our wedding day.  Today may be a good day to consider making a promise.  Choose wisely.  Stick to it.  Have a great day.

No comments: