Thursday, February 3, 2022

6 Weeks to Go

 St. Patrick's Day is now six weeks away.  This day has great meaning in my life.  Number one, my dad is a Patrick.  Number two, our daughter was born on St. Patrick's Day.  Nonbelievers may argue our prayers for this to happen before she was born had nothing to do with her birthdate.  I beg to differ.  I never stopped praying even when the doctor told my wife shortly before the due date to tell me "nothing was happening."  Number three, our business venture launched on St. Patrick's Day.  All of the software was invented from scratch between Christmas Eve and St. Patrick's Day.  The window of time for testing our software shrank from a comfortable two-week safety net to zero.  Our programmer/business partner pushed the button and everything worked with zero bugs.  In fact, our software never got any bugs.  We sold the software to outside companies looking to find cloud based solutions.  

There is another miracle related to St. Patrick's Day that has to do with my first book, a memoir about my dad's last days on earth with us.  My son gave me a book written by his high school wrestling coach.  They ran into each other a couple of days before my 50th birthday and my son told his coach he was looking for a gift for my birthday on the 4th of July.  His coach penned a book about self-publishing in the trenches and had a copy with him.  I skipped the fireworks and read the book cover to cover on my birthday.  It was an answer to my prayers.  Coach Pete was also a writing coach.  He invited me to join his Christian Writer's Critique Group.  When we met in July, I told the group I was self-publishing a memoir on St. Patrick's Day.  I didn't know this but the two men running the meetings went outside and had a good laugh because first-time writers simply have no clue about the work involved to launch.  Much to the group's surprise, my first book was born on St. Patrick's Day.

I can't explain how all of this happening.  God's timing is perfect.  All of this is for his glory.  My original timeline for reaching financial independence was 12/31/21.  This goal was set on 1/1/19 when our finances were in disarray.  Something big happened when we turned our financial situation over to God.  Our debts faded, one by one.  I didn't reach my target of 12/31.  I wasn't worried about this because I know this is out of my hands, just like due dates for babies, or launch dates for new companies.  The one consistency in my life is God.  Six weeks to go.  Wait for it.  This is for God's glory.  One miracle in my life is enough for me.  Well, God's not done.  Stay tuned for the rest of the story.  Have a great day.  

No comments: