Sunday, September 26, 2021

Please Don't Let Your Final Grade Be an Incomplete

 Your life on earth has come to a conclusion.  You're standing at the gates of Heaven and St. Peter is standing in front of you.  You know what's coming.  It's the book.  I'm referring to the BOOK.  Peter opens the book to see your entire life from start to finish.  If I have any fears in this world it's about the possibility of blank pages in my book because I procrastinated on my life's purpose.  My hope is that my book will be pages that others who are still on earth can read and somehow be inspired to seek the Kingdom of Heaven.  I want St. Peter to open those pearly gates and let me in to see Jesus.  Something in my gut tells me that even before that book is open I will know in my heart if I accomplished what Jesus asked me to do.

Whatever grade you may give yourself today, keep in mind you have an opportunity to do better.  Please don't ever give up hope.  The Dark Side wants you to believe you are a failure.  Maybe you are.  The good news about today is you have an opportunity to make a difference in spite of all your past failures.  If your heart is beating, you can make a difference.  I have a lot on my plate these days.  Distractions are all around me.  I'm focusing on cutting out all the activities that are contributing to my grade of incomplete so when I meet Jesus and he asks me about my life I can say, "Jesus, thank you for always being there, even on my darkest days.  Thank you for inspiring me to keep going."  How about you?  What grade to you give yourself?  Ask Jesus for help if you feel like you're failing.  Ask him to assist if distractions are keeping you from completing all your assignments.  Above all, never give up.  Have a great day.

No comments: