Saturday, November 21, 2015

Greetings from Mother Nature's Sweet Spot


Mother Nature delivered on her promise last night.  We have six to nine inches of snow on the ground along I-80 where I live.  The weatherman is calling this area the sweet spot because it's in the center of our first storm of the year.  It's time for me to dig out of my driveway and get to my day job.  The change in scenery is the most dramatic I've ever witnessed in such a short period of time.

This may sound strange to those of you who may not live in cold-weather places like Iowa but I'm actually excited about the weather.  For me, it's one more challenge to face.  Mother Nature is simply another opponent in a long list of adversaries I've been dealing with for 55+ years.  I'm thankful for every opportunity I've enjoyed to grow and be shaped.  This is where discipline is developed and character refined.  I'm ready for a great day.  How about you?  Carpe diem.

No comments: