Sunday, June 14, 2015

How I Became a Rabble Rouser Against the Dark Side


Silence is the dark side's favorite weapon.  I'm not wired that way.  You can ask any of my cousins.  If my fifth grade teacher is still alive, she will confirm my status as a rabble rouser.  Her last instruction at the end of the school year was for me and my cohort to take a long summer vacation and get all the talking out of our systems.  I'm still talking.  And I'm still telling stories.  No, the Devil didn't make me do it.  In fact, the opposite is true.  Blame everything on the Holy Spirit.  He's inspiring me to stand up to the Evil One.  The price I'm paying for my activities is high.  That's okay.  Rabble rousing behind enemy lines has fringe benefits.  I like to call these fringe benefits deferred gratification.

Today's story comes with consequences.  I don't care.  I'm not backing down.  So, if you're asking, "how does rabble rousing work?"  Here's my answer, "It's classified."  If I shared everything about my activities, I'd be locked up for good.  This always happens to those who answer the call.  Remember John, the author of the Book of Revelations?  He was one of God's first storytellers.  He got locked up.  Peter, too.  The chains and the prison bars couldn't stop him from talking.  He pulled a Houdini act right in front of the guards and escaped. 

Something bad happened at the mall across the street from my day job a couple of days ago.  An innocent victim was shot and killed in front of a large crowd of shoppers.  The world is sick.  Christians are being slaughtered by the thousands because they refuse to stop talking about Jesus.  The Evil One invaded my blog and disabled my comments button to discourage a two-way conversation.  Maybe He's hoping I'll take a long summer vacation and get all the story-telling out of my system.  That's not gonna happen.  I won't be silenced.  I know how the story ends.  As bad as everything appears in the world today, there's hope.  It's summarized best in two words the Dark Side doesn't want you to believe...  God Wins!  Tell a friend.   Spread the Good News.  Have a great day.

No comments: