Monday, February 2, 2015

When Your Past Calls, Don't Answer


It must have been a difficult time for the followers of Jesus after he was put to death.  I imagine them locked up in the upper room thinking about what was.  They were afraid to move forward.  They questioned what was to become of themselves without Jesus.  It would have been so easy to get stuck in the past.  But something happened.  They became bold.  They stopped dwelling on the past and moved on.  They opened the door and walked outside.  They let go of their fear.

I'm looking outside my window as I'm penning this story.  The view is breathtaking.  There's eleven inches of fresh snow on the ground.  There's not a cloud in the sky and the trees glisten with white powder frozen on their branches.  My backyard looks like a Hallmark greeting card.  I never would have experienced a day like today if I had allowed my past to hold me captive.  There comes a time in your life when you have to open the door and go outside, even if it happens to be -1º outside.  When your past calls and tries to divert your attention from all the plans God has for you, don't answer.  Be bold.  There is something new waiting outside for you.  It's a new day.  Live your dreams.  Move forward.  Let go of your fear.  Have a great day.

No comments: