Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year, 2015


I did it.  I squeezed every last precious moment out of 2014 before the stroke of midnight.  I started the final day of the year in the morning with a designated driver at 10:30 am.  Our youngest son drove for my annual eye exam with Dr. Amber Aria so I could get my pupils dilated and use up my insurance benefits before they expired.

"December 31st is the busiest day for optometrists all over the United States," she told me, shining a bright light into my eyes.  I shared how much time I spend staring in front of a computer screen.  It was the first time in three annual visits I revealed my secret life as a writer.  Dr. Aria pulled out a notepad and asked me for my blog name.

"If I like your stories, I'm going to share them with all my friends," she said.  Then she asked, "why didn't you share this before?" 

I'm usually the one who asks questions and wants to know all I can about the people I meet.  And I like a certain level of anonymity.  In fact, the folks at my day job have a "no media" rule, meaning we are not allowed to share anything publicly about our company.  For me, that's like telling a fish not to swim in water.  It can be done but it takes a great deal of restraint, especially because I'm on the marketing team and my job is to promote.

That's enough about 2014.  It's over.  I have some bold plans for 2015, including self-publishing two more books.  Look for "The Caveman in the Mirror" on March 17, 2015 and "Break the Chains of Debt Bondage" on the 4th of July, 2015.  Bookmark this blog and check in for a new story every day at 8:08 AM, Pacific time.  Last but not least, I'll be visiting my newest blog reader in December for my annual eye exam.  Thank you, Dr. Aria, and all my friends and family, for your continued support of my writing adventures.  It's a pleasure to share my life with you.  Happy New Year!

No comments: